Need Help? Ask Us!

Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)

Subclass 836
Carer visa

This visa lets you stay in Australia to provide care to someone with a long-term medical condition who does not have reasonable access to care options in Australia. The person you care for must be your relative, or your relative's family member who lives with them.With this visa you can stay in Australia indefinitely,work and study in Australia, enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare,sponsor your relatives to come to Australia,travel to and from Australia for 5 years and apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility on this visa remains valid.
If you want to travel after the initial 5-year travel facility:
You will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident, you might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If you become an Australian citizen, you don't require a visa to enter Australia. You will need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and re-enter Australia. You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirement.You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
For this visa you must:
be in Australia when you apply for the visa and when we grant your application
be a carer for your relative or a member of their family who has no reasonable access to care in Australia
be sponsored by your relative or their spouse or de facto partner for your first 2 years in Australia


For more information, please contact us