Need Help? Ask Us!

Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)

Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)
With this visa you can live in Australia for up to 2 years .You can work and study in Australia but you will not receive government support and you can enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare.With Contributory aged parent temporary visa subclass 884 you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 2 years from the date we grant the visa and apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent visa subclass 864.You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply and If you have a partner, include their details in your application even if they are not applying for the visa with you.Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health and character requirements. If your situation has changed or about to change, you need to tell us because your visa might be affected. Choose a section below to look at the most common situations we've seen.

For this visa you must:
  • have a child who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension
  • have at least half of your children living in Australia, or more of your children living in Australia than any one other country
  • be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we make our decision


For more information, please contact us