Need Help? Ask Us!

Child visa (subclass 101)

Subclass 101
Child visa
This visa lets a child outside Australia move to Australia to live with their parents.With this visa the child can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident,Study and access Medicare and apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
For this visa the child must have a parent or step-parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa.The child must be under 18 years, a full-time student aged 18 to 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability.The child must be single and dependent on the parent or step-parent and  when the application is made and we make a decision on the application must be out of Australia The child and any dependants must obey all Australian laws.If the child has siblings who also want to apply, submit separate applications for each sibling.
The child's dependent children can be included on their application when they apply or at any time before we decide the application.Dependent children of the child who apply for the visa must meet our health requirement.Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.To be granted this visa, an adopted child must have been adopted before they turned 18 by a parent who was not an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen at the time of adoption. Adopted children might be eligible for an Adoption visa (subclass 102).



For more information, please contact us