Need Help? Ask Us!

Aged Parent visa(Subclass 804)

Aged Parent visa(Subclass 804):
This permanent visa lets an older person move to Australia if more of their children live in Australia than any other country.When you grant this visa you can move to or stay in Australia as permanent resident.You can
sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia and 
if you are eligible, apply for Australian citizenship .
For this visa you must be in Australia when you apply for it and when we decide on your application you must be sponsored by your child or a relative and be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.
Usually you would be sponsored by an eligible child. If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation but the sponsorship must be approved.As most of the visas you and any family members who apply for the visa  must meet our health requirement, have assurance of support,sign the Australian values statement,have paid back your debt to the Australian government and not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.
You must meet the balance-of-family test which are mentioned below:
  • at least half of your children live permanently in Australia
  • more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any one other country


For more information, please contact us