Need Help? Ask Us!

Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)

Subclass 114
Aged Dependent Relative visa
If your only near relatives are residing permanently in Australia and are old enough to receive the Australian aged pension, you may be able to apply for an Aged Remaining Relative Visa. With this visa  you can stay in Australia indefinitely,work and study in Australia enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare, sponsor your relatives to come to Australia, travel to and from Australia for 5 years and then apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
You can include family members in your application when you apply. You can also add family members to your application at any time before we decide on your application.
For this visa, your family members are your dependent child and stepchild. Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.You and all applicants must be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide on your application.You and your family members must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws. Learn more about conditions for this visa.
From the date we grant this visa, you can travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years.After that period, you will need a Resident Return (RRV) visa to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.If you leave Australia after the expiry date of your travel facility, without being granted another permanent visa with a valid travel facility, for example a Resident Return (RRV), you will not be able to return to Australia as a permanent resident
Are you elligible for114 visa?
You must be sponsored for this visa by an eligible relative and You must approve the sponsorship.
You must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.
You must have been dependent on your relative in Australia for basic needs like food, shelter and clothing for at least 3 years prior to applying for the visa.
You could be dependent on your relative due to disability that prevents you from working.
You can't be married, or in a de facto relationship.
You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health requirement.
If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.
You, and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you, must meet our character requirement.
You must be able to obtain an assurance of support.
If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or have an approved arrangement in place to pay it back.
You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
You must be inside Australia at the time you lodge, and when you are granted your visa to qualify for a 838 visa. If you are outside of Australia when your application is lodged and granted, you will need to apply for a 114 visa.


For more information, please contact us