Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
With this visa you can:
- stay in Australia for as long as the student stays or until the student turns 18 years of age
- study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week, or any other course for no more than 3 months
- support more than 1 student visa holder
- be the student's parent, legal guardian or relative
- have enough money to support yourself and the student during your stay
- be able to provide accommodation and other support
- be at least 21 years of age, unless you are the parent or legal guardian of the student You cannot work.
This is a temporary visa. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay.
You can only include children under 6 years old on your application if:
there are compelling and compassionate reasons or
granting the visa would significantly benefit the relationship between the Australian Government and the government of another country
You can't include children under 6 years old after you have submitted your application.
We may consider there are compassionate and compelling reasons for including children older than 6 if the primary Student Guardian visa applicant:
• usually provides support for the nominating student in relation to a medical condition, or
• is the sole parent or custodian of the student visa holder and needs to be in Australia to care for a child under 6 years old
For more information, please contact us